Country Manager France
Country Manager France - Investor Relations
(Full-time; Paris region)
Oikocredit is a socially responsible investor and a worldwide cooperative dedicated to empowering people globally. Our mission is to provide financial services and support to organisations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. We offer a triple return to our investors: social, environmental and financial.
Oikocredit is headquartered in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Oikocredit is funded by its members. In France, individuals and organizations can invest in Oikocredit through the Oikocredit International Share Foundation, which offers depository receipts of Oikocredit’s shares. In addition, five Oikocredit Support Associations (SAs) in France promote the mission of Oikocredit and raise awareness through development education.
www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit and www.oikocredit.fr
Oikocredit International is looking for a Country Manager France – Investor Relations (full-time, 35 hours) to be based in our office in Paris, that you will share with the Investor Relations and Administrative Officer. The Country Manager France is part of the Investor Relations department, and reports to the Investor Relations Manager, based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The Country Manager France’s responsibility is to develop and implement a strategy for raising equity capital from retail investors in France. You will also engage with Oikocredit’s five French SAs to promote the mission and activities of Oikocredit, and oversee that investor administration is carried out in compliance with laws and Oikocredit’s policies. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a strategy and proposing an implementation plan to attract retail investors from France, taking into account the ability and potential of the French SAs to promote Oikocredit in their areas of operation. (25% of your time in the first year);
- Pursuing other opportunities, for example those opened by ESUS certification, to collect retail investments through the Plan Epargne Entreprise (PEE, Company Investment plan using ESUS law) system (10%);
- Maintaining relations with existing and new institutional investors and relevant counterparties (20%);
- Ensuring effective and compliant administration of the current French investors via Oikocredit International Share Foundation (OISF) (10%);
- Marketing outreach, including road shows/presence at events, advertisements in different media, and digital presence, to promote Oikocredit’s brand in France, with an eye to retail investors (20%);
- In cooperation with the Senior Investor Relations Officer – Owners: maintaining relations with the French members of the cooperative (churches and church-related institutions) and develop a plan to increase investments from this group by engaging current members and attracting new ones (10%);
- Monitoring the legal requirements as well as the regulatory developments in France that impact the OISF offering in particular and investment product offerings more generally (5%).
This job might be for you if you bring:
- A keen interest in retail investment and demonstrable alignment with Oikocredit’s values;
- Proven strategic, analytical, conceptual ánd operational strength;
- Commercial excellence, client-focus, digital savvy;
- Business development track record, an entrepreneurial mind-set and ideally a relevant network;
- An enthusiastic, engaging personality and proven effectiveness with a variety of audiences.
Education and experience
- Advanced university degree e.g. in marketing, finance, law or economics;
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant professional experience. This includes experience with positioning and communication strategies (strategy, planning and execution), marketing & sales of investment products for the retail market, preferably in the impact investment space;
- Strong knowledge of financial market regulations in France and in the EU;
- Broad network in public relations, in particular media contacts (print, radio, TV, special interest media and online) in order to facilitate media contacts for PR and marketing activities;
- Ability to manage a small staff;
- Native French and near-native fluency in English.
- The opportunity to realise your full potential and contribute to a global more just society;
- A flexible work environment with great autonomy, for successful work and a good work-life balance;
- Optimal access to training and learning opportunities;
- Salary based on fulltime employment (35 hours), depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
In this procedure we work with Sustainabiltiy Works. Please send your application in English, (including CV of max 2 pages and a 1-page motivation letter, no later than 30 October 2020, to email@example.com, mentioning “OI Country Manager France” in the subject line.
Should you have any questions before sending your application, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.