Program Officer for the Organic Cotton Accelerator (Amsterdam based, 32-40 hours/week, Dutch required)
Do you have what it takes to help turn organic cotton into a prosperous sector that benefits all – from farmer to consumer? Are you a proactive and highly-organized all-rounder with excellent communication and analytical skills who is able to support a diversity of tasks within a dynamic and innovative organization? Do you understand the reality, interests and language of key stakeholders in organic cotton and textiles?
Yes? Then we encourage you to apply for the position of Office/Program Coordinator with the Organic Cotton Accelerator.
About the Organic Cotton Accelerator
The Organic Cotton Accelerator (OCA) is a multi-stakeholder initiative focused on creating a prosperous organic cotton sector from farmer to consumer. OCA unites and represents a large share of the industry voice and interest in the organic cotton sector via its partners (H&M, C&A, Inditex, Eileen Fisher, Tchibo, Kering, amongst others). As an accelerator, we promote best practices and transparency through the entire supply chain, to enhance the viability of organic cotton now and in the future.
Our programs focus on improving the business case for organic cotton farmers and the integrity of organic cotton at the source of the supply chain. We do so through coordinating brand-driven sourcing and farmer engagement projects, as well as investing in non-competitive solutions in the area of seeds, integrity and community. India, the world’s largest organic cotton producer, is currently the focus country in these initial years.
OCA’s Program Officer is responsible for managing daily organizational and administrative tasks in the Secretariat. You will work closely with the Executive Director and Program Director, and you will play an important role supporting both in a range of tasks within the organization that includes administrative and office management, strategy, research and analytics, and communications support. This position requires a proactive self-starter who is up for any task, large or small, in pursuit of OCA’s mission. This position will allow for rapid professional growth within OCA upon demonstrated organic cotton sector comprehension and job performance. The position implies international travel up to 5% of the time.
Outreach, Correspondence and Communications Support (20%)
- Coordinate and organize upcoming OCA governance meetings, run events for OCA partners and wider stakeholders, present OCA externally to various audiences
- Serve as an ambassador of OCA’s mission and activities and respond to communications requests of our members, media and content briefings
- Support in building and maintaining OCA’s presence in online and offline communications
- Supports future Brand Partnership and Communications Director
Program Strategy, Research and Analytical Support (30%)
- Outline, conduct and/or steer quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and reporting
- Write, reviews and edit reports, contract copy and correspondence as needed
- Broad content and process support to Program Director
Administrative and Office Management (50%)
- Day-to-day organizational and administrative responsibilities within OCA Secretariat
- Oversee, populate and manage team tasks within project management software
- Prepare materials for OCA’s governance bodies and meetings
- May participate in billing and accounting duties, HR support or other functions as needed
- BSc/BA and 2-5 yrs or Msc/MA with 1-3 years’ professional experience in a similar and broad role in a multi-stakeholder setting, ideally focused in the field of (sustainable) agriculture and/or the textiles sector, but not required
- Well-organized self-starter with business focus who embodies a “can do” entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable multi-tasking and taking on diverse responsibilities, sharp attention to detail
- Excellent written, communications and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with members and partners in an international and intercultural setting;
- Affinity and familiarity with the variety of actors we work with (producers, value chain players brands, NGOs, and government) and the principles of the organic standard;
- Strong strategical, analytical and conceptual capabilities
- Good IT skills and experience with office software, particularly Powerpoint, Excel, MailChimp, HTML email. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & InDesign) is a plus
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Other languages are a plus
- A full-time position with long-term perspective and exceptional growth potential for high performers;
- Starting with a 1-year contract;
- You will join a committed, international and passionate group of professionals;
- The opportunity to support significant sustainability impact;
- Working from the bustling Fashion for Good Center in Amsterdam;
- Salary and benefits in line with sector standard and experience;
In this recruitment we work with Sustainability Works. To apply for this position, please send your CV (2 pages max) and cover letter (1 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24, 2018. Interviews will take place 28 June in Amsterdam. Preferred starting month: August 2018. Please feel free to email or call Annelies Pijnenburg, Sustainability Works, on +31646680191.
We look forward to meeting you!